About Me

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

INSIDE 'SATYAMEVA JAYATE'


Queer are the modes as my case proceeds ahead even though at a tortoise pace. What seemed to be my rights four n half years back is now a jiggle between two competitors in the court room. Sufficing to the comments of the magistrate with the time limit dedicated for each case is a torture equivalent to the one I met for more than 3 years within the marriage. The audacity of my standing is praised but why the tremble of my heart is overlooked.

Like every other girl I too went to live my dreams and just like a few came back shattered. Ok the marriage didn’t work and my education says don’t be quiet and I had to bring the matter to those who have the authority to judge my marriage.

A shame it is when I have to narrate what had happened inside my bedroom and more when the opponent advocate asks for proof. I must mention that I trust my counselor who has given great performance. Despite of the reality I am reminded again and again that the proceedings of the court needs to be followed in the certain predefined pattern, even it can cost my career, my mental peace and so on.

The questions, the allegations are getting dirtier on each proceeding adding to my mental agony and if I were to mention how it feels to hear those framings, whether true or false, in front of a jam packed court, I am falling each day!

Absence from court, false medical certificates and all other gimmicks displayed by the opponents are but accepted and approved by the honorable court. Of course my ex is enjoying a happily married life and it is his wish when he wants to finish off the case and do away with me, but last 4 years he is enjoying the torture he is able to thrust upon me… I have lost jobs in the process of attending courts, which boss will tolerate his employer being absent from work?

A continuous pressure is on me and I need to perform well as a mother, a daughter, a sister…but all I have is instant barriers… Answer in ‘yes’ or ‘no’, a clever trick played by all advocates, despite the fact that it might mislead the case, such things are allowed, and so it has happened with me, imagine I am fighting for the torture meted during the marriage and shockingly in one of the written documents by a magistrate, it states that my ex didn’t torture me!!!! Is it Possible that I will say this???? On one occasion I returned back to the house of my ex and I am questioned why???? Of course I have been invited to attend a festival and for me that was an opportunity to save the marriage…. Gosh!!! They don’t understand…

Even if at the end of years, the verdict is in my favor, Will I be relishing the victory? After all I have lost precious years, my peace and happiness. Can all these be ever repaid?

WILL SATYA MEVA JAYATE HAVE A VALUE THEN?

3 comments:

Renu said...

Not for nothing they say that goodess of law is blind...I really wonder why can the court see that when other part is happily married again, why prolong the case?

Jayanta K Das said...

Thank u,you have so much in your writing.I m not aware of the outcome of ur legal fight;but feel sad at knowing the truth.I often fail to understand the unnecessary lengthy Indian legal procedures wasting somebody's valuable time in life and casting dark shadows on lives of hundred innocents. I request you kindly to let others know your feelings in the form of a book please so as to enable others to raise their voice against the orthodox Indian legal system where womens were asked unnecessary personal questions in front of all.Some one has to start something.Nice reading indeed.

Nandinikakoti said...

@Jayanta Kumar Das
Here is the end of my entire episode
http://nandinikakoti.blogspot.com/2010/05/forfeited-satyameva-jayate.html